Through the ARISE project, AAAS will highlight examples and models of programs and practices that advance positive outcomes of preservice STEM teacher education. We seek examples of innovation related to improvements in areas such as:
- Culture competency of teachers, including culturally relevant pedagogy
- Supporting each and every student
- Non-university partnerships or programs
- Retention and support of teacher candidates during in preparation
The programs or practices can be:
- Incremental – Work that builds upon or reinforces existing efforts
- Structural – Work that leads to changes in culture, programs, relationships, e.g. partnerships between IHEs and K-12 entities
- Radical – Disruptive – Work that leads to an entirely new way of doing things or a change in the preservice education of STEM teachers
- Emerging models that continue to evolve
To submit your innovation, use this form.
We will use the criteria below to assess suggestions and highlight the innovative examples on this website.