The AAAS-ARISE blog ADAPTATIONS is accepting submissions for its 2024 series. Submissions are due by December 13, 2023, at 11:59 PM PT.
The ADAPTATIONS blog advances research toward and replication of what works in the education of STEM teachers for high-need school districts through sharing of evidence-based innovations to encourage adaption and move forward collective evolution of effective preparation.
The 2024 theme for the ADAPTATIONS blog is Preparing and Retaining an Able and Compassionate STEM Teacher Workforce for High-Need Schools. The subthemes include:
- Evidence-based strategies for recruiting, preparing, and retaining a diverse group of teachers and teacher leaders
- Addressing teacher/student mental health and well-being, building identity
- Transforming classrooms to equitable, just, and democratic places of learning
- Using technology as a tool for student research and to promote critical thinking
- Building communities to support teachers, students, or schools/districts
- Developing curriculum and/or professional development that integrates STEM standards and focuses on student assets, not deficits